Saturday, March 26, 2011

What to do...what to do?!?

Okay...well I think I'll start with books and just go from there!! lol....well I've been reading the Maximum Ride series by James Patterson...I am loving this series so far...I've read the first 4 books and I can't wait to get my hands on the next one...but I have to wait until the library gets it back in....so until then I'll be reading The Lost Saint....which is the second in the Dark Divine series by Bree Despain....and Absolution...the third and final book in the Heavenly series by Jennifer Laurens!! By the time I finish these 2 books I should have received the book I just won in a giveaway on goodreads....woo hoo...gotta love free books!! But...you know....as excited as I get about reading these books....there is one book I need to be more excited about reading...and that my friends....is the Bible!! I "try" to get my bible study time in every day....but quite frankly "trying" is not good enuf!! I have really been struggling lately with the whole jobless...feel like I should be doing something but not knowing what kinda thing!! And I know that only when I fully and totally seek God will He fully reveal to me what it is that I need to be doing...so here's the plan: I am going to make it a point to start my day with study and prayer...then during "nap time" for my toddler I am going to do a little more study and prayer time....then maybe after the boys go to bed at night I can do a little leisure reading....this is NOT going to be an easy adjustment to make and I know it...due to my selfish, fun-loving nature...but I know that I need to make God more of a priority in my life....THE priority of my life!! God doesn't want my life to be all work and no play....but He wants to be first in my life and if I keep Him first then He will provide time and allow for all the other fun stuff I often put before Him!! (Matthew 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you)! Now, I'll leave you with a prayer...Dear God, thank you for loving me...I pray that I would make and keep you as priority in my life....each and every day....I know that I am by no means perfect and I know that I will more than likely fail...but I pray that you would place a strong desire in my heart to diligently seek after you above all things...I love you Lord...Amen!!

No comments:

Post a Comment